Tuscany with Jody Miller
16th – 23rd May 2015
On this very special trip we are delighted to welcome back Jody Miller, a clinical exercise physiologist and wonderful friend from Rancho La Puerta. Jody will be complimenting our usual blend of food, wine, culture and scenery by making herself available for any of us who may wish to achieve a more balanced lifestyle.
Jody currently runs the Change Your Mind, Change Your Body: Emotional Wellness and Weight Loss programme at the University of Washington and brings a wealth of experience to helping her clients make the changes they want.
To give you a flavour of Jody’s range of expertise we include a list of topics. These are excerpts from the trademarked Change Your Mind, Change Your Body: Emotional Wellness & Weight Loss® program developed by Jody Miller, RCEP. All rights reserved.
- Changing Mindset for Wellness – fundamental principles for creating change
- Hunger – distinguishing between hunger cues, mindful eating practices
- Stress & Sleep – how are these factors affecting my self- care and well-being
- Confrontation vs. Avoidance – developing a “healthy” relationship with all foods
- Patterns (Defenses and Red Flags) – identifying coping strategies
- Positive Psychology – creating new patterns and habits
- Transitions and Lapses – sustaining healthy habits
Don’t forget that Sensory Adventures will also be taking you to the gothic and renaissance wonders that are Florence and Siena where you can explore, take in the culture, and shop.
We will also visit exquisite wineries, traditional Tuscan hilltop towns, and ancient hot baths.
If you like the idea of wandering around Piazza della Signoria, visiting Giotto’s Campanile, admiring Brunelleschi’s Dome, visiting the Basilica di Santa Croce, shopping for jewellery on the Ponte Vecchio and then finishing the day off with a glass of Brunello di Montalcino on the terrace of our gorgeous Tuscan villa, then this is the trip for you.