French Chateau Adventure
May 31st – June 07th, 2015
Join Sensory Adventures for our French Chateau experience.
Spend the week relaxing in the luxury of this fabulous 16th century masterpiece, strolling through the manicured gardens, and cycling through the idyllic French countryside. We will run fitness, stretch, or strengthening classes every morning, take you on cultural visits to Bordeaux, Angouleme, and UNESCO World Heritage Site Caves, and feed you the finest local cuisine from our in-house chef.
Of course it would not be a Sensory Adventure without a visit to a local vineyard and live music on an evening. This is an adventure not to be missed!
Daily Telegraph Review: It takes considerable cojones to take on a 16th-century French château and turn it into a haven of gorgeous modern design, but that’s exactly what English couple Mark and Nicky have managed to do with Château de la Couronne. The hotel still preserves its historic, turreted exterior, but inside, it’s a contemporary revelation, with pieces of 60s and 70s furniture in bold colours sitting alongside locally sourced antiques, natural stone walls and bold-hued artworks. The hotels’ five suites are, to be frank, massive – with hugely spacious bathrooms, many boasting romance-inducing twin tubs – and fitted with every 21st-century luxury; there’s even a private cinema with too-comfy lime green lounge seats and all the instruments a budding band needs to rehearse.
Outside, you find acres of manicured parkland worthy of an afternoon’s wide-eyed wander, and just beyond, the peaceful village of Marthon, surrounded by swathes of Dordogne/Poitou-
Charentes countryside muddling into the horizon. A fairytale-escape of a boutique hotel, with thoroughly modern manners.
- 7 nights in luxury hotel.
- Breakfast and dinner each day.
- Full access to the hotel’s famous spa.
- Private coach to all destinations – local guides.
- Transportation between Manchester Airport and our hotel.
- Our activity schedule includes cultural and photography hikes with
- Martyn and Chris, and Yoga.
- Visits to historic houses and gardens.
- Cultural and Historical tours.
- Live music at the hotel.
- Flights to Manchester Airport.
- Optional activities.
- Additional wine and liquor consumed.
- Lunches, tips and gratuities.
- $800 per person non-refundable
- To secure your place on the trip please send a deposit check for $800 to Chris Kidd
- Call for more detail (or) use Paypal link below.